schmetallica

In a video put out by Taking Back Sunday called Louder Now: Partone, there was an interview with front man Adam Lazzara and he was asked about a certain band. The band was Metallica. He was asked on his thoughts about playing on the same tour and playing the same day, venue, etc.... His beautiful response: "Metallica-Schmetallica" meaning.. who cares about them. Seriously. SEER EE US LEE. Reason numbero uno, honestly who cares. numbero dos, they might be good but not what I like. Sure they are famous Rockstars and farther in life than me, but I still hate their music. numbero three-o, I hate the singers voice, numbero quatro, the whole band is ugly. I guess I really shouldn't hate on them, but I am.

As you read this you can agree with the fact that I really have a strong bias on Metallica. Fact. Now the reason I brought this up was because of the fact that in my music class today for the first half hour of class we watched a Metallica DVD and I about lost it. The professor thought he was the coolest mofo/old dude/professor/whatevs, etc.... he thought he was cool he knew about mosh pits, he thought he was cool he saw that concert he was showing us on DVD because he worked the event as security. Granted this DVD was better than watching Fiddler on the Roof, Romeo & Juliet, and all the other stupid things he has showed us, but still, I hated the fact that people thought this was the coolest thing.

And to top off the class, some kid was giving a concert report from the PacSun tour and he was bragging about it how he lost his voice and stuff and I couldn't help but to judge him for his stupidity. As my dad put it best, what goes around comes around. This being said I know how many people think I'm a pot-head, creep, snowboarder, or just typical stereotypes that come with the hair. Oh well. but I still choose to judge those who I hear talk and I think they're stupid, and the people who look stupid, when I know they are thinking the same about me. Whatevs, venting, done. This has probably been one of the most personal blogs I have posted. That is seer ee us. hmmm...

p.s./ "Where You Want To Be" has become my favorite album from TBS and for the last couple of weeks as well. "Notes From the Past" is great too, a perfect mix of "Tell All Your Friends" & "Where You Want To Be" with some extra bonus soundtrack stuff.

p.p.s./ DJ Skeet Skeet supports Taking Back Sunday. I saw I picture that proved it. And go download his January Mix from his web page. You wont regret it, and its FREE dollars, and NEW, Download Download Download. What more can you want? Songs from KanYe, Katy Perry, MIA, Virgins... its just great and been on repeat since I downloaded the fully loaded tune.

No comments: