Legit.



This has been building up for a while now. I thought I could just calmly keep it to myself and things would work/die out for the better. But it hasn't. The topic here is the word LEGIT. It can be a good word, but in this day and age, I hate the word legit. I hate that everyone uses legit to describe anything. I hate that people made bracelets with the word legit on it. I hate that people who use legit think they're cool and have a huge vocabulary. I hate that legit is so common to use that its lost all of its originality to speak of. So please for the sake of me, please don't use legit like you own it, because if you do, I will think less of you. Thats a promise. PLEASE don't use the word legit. I beg you.

Along with legit, I have a list of other things I can't stand in today's society.

This list includes:
-the word 'chillax'
-the term 'Cali' when referring to the state of California
-when cause is spelled 'cuz'
-when people use emoticons in every message I get from them, when in reality they would never make that face toward me when saying said message in person.

(In my opinion, the people who do these things, are the same people who are texting with emoticons and every other word is legit, oh and they probably spell cause 'cuz' and they talk so much about how they had the best time in 'Cali' while they 'chillaxed' at the beach the whole time....)

-I hate corn. I hate corn-on-the-cob, I hate popcorn, I hate anything with corn in it.
-I hate cotton candy.
-I hate pajama pants, I hate when people wear them in public or to bed.
-I strongly dislike the mid-life crisis, muscle bulging dude (or female) who wears Ed Hardy and Affliction clothing.
-I hate when people throw up peace signs in EVERY picture they take of themselves, or that their friends take of them.
-I don't like how the radio is powered by ads and not music, but when the music does come on, I get mad and wish it didn't suck the originality out of people listening to it. I always feel like an old grandpa when I listen to the radio, I'll hear a song and think to myself, 'Oh, so this is the song everyone has been singing lately.'

And you get my point, just about everything can bug me in one way or another... The list could go on. But, FOR THE LOVE, please stop doing these things.


Thank you.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow...I feel a little bit of hate going on here, Jordan. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?? But, none the less, you make many good points. Thanks for sharing.

kelzone said...

i lub you...
sad story--i have used the following phrases for a very long time:
"dang gina" and
"oh my lanta"
unfortunately over the last few months these phrases have become very popular, so i have stopped using them...i've said it before so have you and i'll say it again, i hate how pop culture ruins originality

seth said...

i am one hundred percent with you on the emoticon one. it's like almost insulting for someone to think you wouldn't be able to understand subtle changes in tone or emotion or a joke without a cute little face at the end of each sentence

Cindy said...

Don't forget "LOL". I hate that!

Anonymous said...

I may or may not now have the urge to use the words 'chillax', 'legit', and 'Cali' around you as much as possible. And when/if I do, I will undoubtedly just have a ridiculous grin on my face, and you can roll your eyes and just despair at my immaturity.

But now I have that double commitment to memory that you also hate corn/popcorn with a passion.

Anonymous said...

Also, I have only ONE exception to the emoticons in every text rule.

See, my mom finally learned how to text early this summer after I gave her a tutorial and application session one evening. Only recently has she stopped including smiley faces whenever she initiates texts with me. But since she's my mom, it's adorable/forgivable.

Brett Crockett said...

I think it's dumb that you hate corn and cotton candy. If I had some, I'm mix the two of them up in a blender and drink it right now. All of it.

Also, Kelzone- "dang gina" and "oh my lanta" became very popular in about 1996. I assume that's when you stopped using the phrases, and i'm proud of you.

And I'm glad Cindy mentioned LOL. The worst thing in the world is when someone says LOL instead of hahaha. Because I know you didn't really laugh out loud. But a hahaha can happen your head.

Serious though about the corn on the cob and cotton candy.